Cut 100 Calories
It’s easy to cut out 100 calories at your table:
Did you know that if you cut out a 100 calories per day from your current eating habits -you would lose 10 pounds of fat per year. In 5 years --that's 50 pounds!
Here's a few ways to cut a 100 calories per day from your diet plan.
- Instead of sour cream or butter on your baked potato -try salsa.
- Do without a piece of bread or a roll with margarine at meals.
- Remove the skin from chicken before or after cooking .
- Instead of full fat mayo for sandwiches or tuna salad -use a small amount of light mayo or plain yogurt.
- Replace cheese with tomatoes, lettuce, onions on your sandwich or hamburger.
- Replace your favorite soft drink with a glass of ice cold water.
- Leave 3-4 bites of food on your plate at each meal and don’t go for seconds.
- Instead of fruit juice choose a piece of fruit, which will cut calories and fill you up more
- Grab a handful of your favorite snack and put the bag away!
- Substitute a no-calorie sweetener for sugar in each cup of coffee you drink daily.
- Use a non-stick skillet or cooking spray instead of butter when stove-top cooking.
- Choose tuna packed in water instead of tuna packed in oil.
- Use light or fat-free dressing on your salads instead of the regular version and leave off the croutons.
- Reduce your portion of pasta and or rice by ½ cup.
- Choose thin crust pizza as opposed to thick crust .
- Top your pizza with vegetables and leave off the fatty meats such as sausage and pepperoni as well as double cheese.
- Stick to one cup of cereal and fill the rest of the bowl with fresh fruit.
- Grill a vegetable burger or turkey burger instead of a beef burger.
- Replace your breaded sticks with grilled fresh fish.
- Replace your daily candy bar with a piece of fresh fruit.