Diet Center is pleased to offer these outstanding nutrition and behavior guidance videos created by a world famous fitness authority Jaime Brenkus. A premier personal fitness trainer, Jaime is certified by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)and is a fitness Advocate for the President's Challenge. His best selling 8 Minute Abs videos have helped millions get slimmer, trimmer, tighter waistlines. Now you can join Jaime and his hosts - Nicholas Verdi, Hannah Mortensen, Andrea Mackey and Carrie Hubbard -- as they reveal valuable secrets for weight loss that lasts.
If video doesn't play in your browser click here to play.
Cut 100 Calories
It’s easy to cut out 100 calories at your table:
Did you know that if you cut out a 100 calories per day from your current eating habits -you would lose 10 pounds of fat per year. In 5 years --that's 50 pounds!
Here's a few ways to cut a 100 calories per day from your diet plan.
- Instead of sour cream or butter on your baked potato -try salsa.
- Do without a piece of bread or a roll with margarine at meals.
- Remove the skin from chicken before or after cooking .
- Instead of full fat mayo for sandwiches or tuna salad -use a small amount of light mayo or plain yogurt.
- Replace cheese with tomatoes, lettuce, onions on your sandwich or hamburger.
- Replace your favorite soft drink with a glass of ice cold water.
- Leave 3-4 bites of food on your plate at each meal and don’t go for seconds.
- Instead of fruit juice choose a piece of fruit, which will cut calories and fill you up more
- Grab a handful of your favorite snack and put the bag away!
- Substitute a no-calorie sweetener for sugar in each cup of coffee you drink daily.
- Use a non-stick skillet or cooking spray instead of butter when stove-top cooking.
- Choose tuna packed in water instead of tuna packed in oil.
- Use light or fat-free dressing on your salads instead of the regular version and leave off the croutons.
- Reduce your portion of pasta and or rice by ½ cup.
- Choose thin crust pizza as opposed to thick crust .
- Top your pizza with vegetables and leave off the fatty meats such as sausage and pepperoni as well as double cheese.
- Stick to one cup of cereal and fill the rest of the bowl with fresh fruit.
- Grill a vegetable burger or turkey burger instead of a beef burger.
- Replace your breaded sticks with grilled fresh fish.
- Replace your daily candy bar with a piece of fresh fruit.